Cloud Support Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who align with our Leadership Principles and possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Amazon.com has built a reputation of excellence in Web-related technologies and services. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is now in the Metro DC area. We are carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services you have the chance to join the team as they help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
What can you expect from a life in the Amazon Cloud? You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Interact with leading technologists around the world
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level with polygraph.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
• 1+ years of Experience with Systems administration in Linux/Unix (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc)
• 1+ years of Experience with Networking (TCP/IP, DNS)
• 1+ years of Experience with Troubleshooting / Support experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Self-starter who is excited about technology
• Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
• Exposure to Cloud computing
• Exposure to security concepts / best practices
• Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
What if I'm not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description? That's okay. That's our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/careers/
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top