Cloud Support Engineer
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops.
Support engineers may field general guidance questions from customers such as creating AWS Import Jobs, managing the operation of ingestion servers, responding to data center personnel requests for job status updates, Our support engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you're experienced in Linux system administration and you are more comfortable "getting your hands dirty" than using a search engine for solutions, then we're looking for you!
Why AWS Import/Export?
- Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time between 7-10am.
- Career development within AWS Support and product development.
- Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Or 5+ years of experience in a technical position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about customers and new technology
- Experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
- Experience managing full 3 tier application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Demonstrated expertise in systems administration (Linux/Windows), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Experience working with storage, server and network infrastructure life-cycle management including design, provisioning, administration, maintenance, secure data backup, patching and troubleshooting
- Experience working data in storage (RAID, SAN, NAS)
- Open to working one weekend day (Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs). Support engineers working a weekend day typically do so from home.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top