Cloud Support Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon Web Services has roles within the Premium Support team for Cloud Support Engineers in Sydney. AWS keeps gender and cultural diverse workforce in mind hence provide benefits like: subsidised private healthcare for employee and dependents, insurance, paid maternity/adoption/parental leave, commuter benefits, and phone allowance, to name a few.
What can you expect from a career with Premium Support?
On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer's cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Why Premium Support:
• Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
• Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
• We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
• Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
• As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications
• OS administration in either Linux/Unix or Windows
• Network administration (DNS, BGP, Load Balancing, TCP, etc.)
• Troubleshooting network and OS level issues
• Strong customer focus and ownership
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Expertise in ONE of the following areas:
• System Administration Or System Engineering
• Networking and Security
• Database Administration
• Big Data tools & technologies
• Deployment (DevOps tools and technologies)
• Programming/development skills
• Storage & Content Delivery Network
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top