Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
We're looking for an accomplished Sales Leader deeply familiar with Data Storage (on premises and ideally cloud services), to lead this business in UKIR. The successful candidate will have overachieved throughout their career and built strong, deep relationships with CxO/VP level. This leader will have a broad role part market maker, part operator and part general manager and will build a strategy focused on outcome based selling, winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in market development of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications. The right candidate will possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers, drive top-line revenue for new services, and develop strategic partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the go-to-market definition and execution of AWS's strategy for Cloud Storage Services in UKIR.
Your responsibilities will include driving strategic workloads to deepen business and technical relationships with customers and partners. You will build a high-performing team of sales experts. You will also develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will focus on incubating new AWS storage services, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to the broader field organization, and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges. As the voice of the customer, your findings will influence product teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field. To be effective, you will need to review key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, and operating metrics.
You will be responsible for establishing clear goals for your team, including quotas. You will ensure that your team is managing opportunities effectively throughout the sales cycle and practicing good pipeline hygiene. You will be expected to plan and allocate for the best use of team resources in order to meet goals and quotas.
• Sales management experience with quota accountability for enterprise level IT infrastructure or cloud solutions selling to global, strategic, and/or enterprises
• Enterprise storage sales experience and knowledge across block, file, object, and/or cloud
• Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
• Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors through leading by example (Player/Coach)
• Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
• MBA/Technical Master's Degree
• Experience working with new product/service development teams and their outbound functions
• Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO), building close relationships, and closing large revenue accounts
• Experience and success in negotiating complex deals with customers and partners. You've not only carried quotas, you've consistently exceeded them by doing the right thing for your customers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.