Cloud Software Engineer
- Perth, Australia
Ring is looking for a talented Cloud Software Engineer to help develop the backend APIs that bring our products to life.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Cloud Software Engineer for the Ring Solutions team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. We want to raise the bar with someone who can extend, enhance and challenge our current experience level. You will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products.
• Write high quality distributed system software for large scale applications.
• Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
• Work with other team members to architect and design approaches.
• Prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Take ownership of large components.
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
• 3+ years of experience developing production-level software in Java, C++ and/or Go.
• 3+ years experience with MySQL or another relational database.
• 3+ years experience with DynamoDB or another NoSQL database.
• 3+ years experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
• 3+ years experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing.
• 3+ years experience with Agile and various process implementations.
• 3+ years experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.).
• Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.).
• Experience with Spring, Hibernate and other Java frameworks.
• Familiarity with AWS and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.).
• Experience with Docker.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top