Cloud Software Development Engineer - Amazon Ring
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
As a Cloud Software Development Engineer you will work within an experienced cross-disciplinary team whose primary focus will be developing and supporting one of the core Ring backend services, the video file storage system. Video files generated by millions of Ring consumer devices are stored in the system that you'll own, exposing you to working with high load systems.
Within this team, your primary focus will be to work on distributed cloud systems (predominantly in Java) and provide customer facing functionality; helping to design how Ring customers and users of the Ring App, will view and interact with the videos produced by the Ring Doorbell.
Cloud Software Development Engineers within Ring have full ownership of new cloud software features. Driving key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well own the deployment, operation and scaling of our always-on distributed system that serves Ring customers worldwide. You should have expertise working with distributed systems and understand how they are deployed as well as being capable of driving tasks to completion; taking full ownership of projects.
• Experience with Java or at least one Object Oriented Programming language such as Python, Ruby or C#.
• Understanding of Microservices and Distributed Application Architecture
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting and problem solving skill
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with Cloud technologies or primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS.
• Extensive experience with hands-on software development, contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Ring LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top