Cloud Software Dev Engineer - (Blink)
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
If you are a sharp, experienced software engineer with a desire to be a leader in delivering the next generation of Blink products, we want to talk with you. In this role you will be part of a group of developers that are responsible for the Cloud Services that enable the Blink product line. You will design and implement new back end services/features and you will interact with the other software teams at Blink and across the rest of Amazon. Most importantly, you will focus on the best ways to delight our customers.
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products completely in house using a fast paced and efficient process. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
• Design, develop and implement Cloud services that enable the Blink suite of products
• Lead regular system architecture, software design, patent filing, and interview cycles
• Interact with other teams across Blink and Amazon to ensure product quality and cohesiveness
• Work closely with our marketing and customer support teams to discover new ways to delight the customer
• 3+ years software development experience
• 3+ years experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 3+ years working with Ruby/Python
• 3+ years building distributed web services
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
• Master's degree in STEM field
• 3+ years with databases such as MySQL, Redis, and DynamoDB
• Experience in implementing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market.
• Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
• Audio/Video codec knowledge
• Socket level programming
• Experience with camera image processing
• Demonstrable technical leadership skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top