Cloud Software Dev Engineer
Our team is looking for a Cloud Software Development Engineer who will have the chance to help develop a new product from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
As a Cloud Engineer you'll spearhead our efforts on integrating our AWS cloud-hosted application with other Amazon services. As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices. You will design, architect and lead development of the end-to-end integration of our AWS hosted web application with Amazon.com systems (SSO, Security, Authentication, Retail) and be responsible for managing sensitive data handling, storage and security compliance. You will research and communicate with other teams to leverage existing solutions, and play an instrumental role in planning software dev engineers (SDE) requirements, hiring, and mentoring junior developers.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong commitment to team work, enjoys working on cutting edge technology, is customer-centric, and thrives on the challenge of building something new that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience coding in Java
- Experience implementing secure integrations with AWS services and products
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Experience building highly-available distributed systems on cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Experience building and integrating with commerce systems (ordering, payment, fulfillment, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (DevOps), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery systems
- Experience designing new systems for scale and flexibility from the ground up
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Strong business and technical vision
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top