Cloud Security Architect - St. Louis
Are you a security and compliance expert who can address the challenges of migrating systems and workloads to the cloud?
Are you skilled at helping customers and partners to address their information security requirements using cloud computing architectures?
Do you want to work with the very latest in cloud web services technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing security consultants to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, and to work with our partners on key customer engagements. Our security and compliance consultants will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer workshops. AWS consultants will collaborate with customers to address security and compliance challenges, and implementing and migrating customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
This role will specialize in all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance using cloud web services in large scale computing environments.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer security and compliance requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Insights - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
- Notable customer experience and collaboration skills
- 3+ years experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
- Implementation experience with enterprise security packages identity management and federation systems
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
- Experience advising customers on architectures meeting industry standards such as SAS70, SOC1, FISMA, etc
- Experience implementing security controls around ERP packages including SAP, Oracle
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Implementation of AWS services in a distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
- Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
- Current hands-on software development experience required; Internet-related business models preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
Amazon Web Services - AWS - Professional Services – Solution Architect – Consultant – Security Specialist
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top