Cloud Migration Specialist - Microsoft
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History."
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. You will collaborate with our customers and/or partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Pune and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams.
• As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
• Identify workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
• Automate solutions for repeatable problems
• Develop test plan and testcases to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
• Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services
• Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers that drive AWS adoption and revenue
• Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
• 12+ years of experience in a technical position.
• 4+ years on any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google etc.).
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Must be from .Net Development background and expert in developing and debugging in .Net with a proven track record of designing complex Microsoft solutions.
• Must be proficient in ASP.NET Web API or WCF and in .NET based web applications using IIS
• Must be proficient in frameworks such as ASP.NET MVC, and Entity Framework
• Proven track record of migrating on-premise .NET based applications to any cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google etc.).
• Expertise with one or more common workloads including SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange.
• Strong hands-on experience in integrating multiple databases like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL etc.
• Deep hands-on experience in the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Leading/Involved in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software applications.
• Experience in performance optimization techniques.
• High end Troubleshooting and Communication skills.
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway Route53 & S3).
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform from deploying .NET applications standpoint.
• MS Azure (any certification), MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE Certified
• AWS Solutions Architect Certified
• Deploying .NET applications using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
• Experience in migrating ASP.NET applications to ASP.NET Core.
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. PowerShell, shell, Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Configuration management using CloudFormation and/or Chef/Puppet
• Experience in database programming like T-SQL etc.
• Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (i.e. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.).
• Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
Back to top