Cloud Migration Specialist
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. You will collaborate with our customers and/or partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Pune and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
• Lead the design, planning and implementation of complex IT infrastructure migration solutions
• Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to build and automate large scale migrations to cloud
• Perform application portfolio analysis to identify candidate applications and workloads for migration and develop an optimal migration plan
• Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements
• Identify workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
• Develop test plan and test-cases to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
• Work closely with application teams to develop a migration plan and ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
• Consult for optimal design of server /database environments and propose recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers that drive cloud adoption
• Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
• 8+ years of experience in a technical position
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
• 3+ years of technical experience in migrating IT infrastructure from On-Prem to any Cloud environment, including landing zones creation and application migration.
• 2+ years of experience in Design, build, upgrade and maintenance of VMware environments (Strong knowledge on vCenter, HCX, NSX, VLAN, VSAN, VMFS,NFS and VMware tools)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Good knowledge and understanding of VMC on AWS
• Experience in assessment of source architecture and map it to relevant target architecture in the cloud environment
• Strong practical Linux or Windows-based systems administration skills, with good knowledge on Storage, Security and network tracks
• Good understanding and experience on dealing with firewall rules, VPC setup, network routing, Identity and Access Management and security implementation
• Experience in CloudFormation template or similar automation/scripting
• Implementing experience with primary AWS/similar services like - (EC2, Autoscaling, ELB, EBS, EFS, S3,VPC, RDS, Route53, etc).
• Experience in using server migration tools like HCX/VMotion, CloudEndure or similar tools.
• Identify application/inventory dependencies using discovery tools or automation scripts. Define optimal move groups for migrations with minimal downtimes.
• Experience in conducting workshops, preparing migration strategy, migration plans, runbooks, test plans, defect trackers, status reports, etc.
• Strong knowledge on IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Working knowledge on configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• Experience in performance optimization techniques
• High end troubleshooting and communication skills
• Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
Back to top