Cloud Intelligence - Business Development Specialist
- Arlington, VA
Are you comfortable in conducting assessment of product features in detail and contextualising this to drive enhanced customer outcomes? Can you take complex scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting an elegant approach that drives customer adoption and revenue growth?
Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd (AISPL) is looking for a Cloud Intelligence BD Specialist for its Cloud Intelligence function in India. You will have the exciting opportunity to help and assist in deliver on a strategy for using competitive intelligence and specifically technical insights to programmatically scale AWS's cloud computing business. Your responsibilities will include supporting the AISPL's India Cloud Intelligence lead, and field teams on customer and partner engagements to win competitive deals. You will serve as an expert resource on competitive intelligence of cloud, IT applications and infrastructures, working with our customers and field teams in India, helping them understand the benefits of migrating to AWS, articulate technical differentiators of AWS versus competition while contextualising the business impact for the customer.
You will synthesise data and information as it relates to functional comparison and key differentiators from intelligence gathering and customer engagements into succinct findings and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to India Cloud Intelligence lead and eventually to business development (BD) and Service teams in India. The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive engagements and communicate the benefits of AWS to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives to ensure better CX and compliance with global AWS standards, practices and policies. You should have demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the complex business and technical needs of customers. You should also have detailed knowledge and a strong technical understanding of cloud concepts and vendors in general, and AWS specifically.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Serve as a key member of the India Cloud Intelligence team in helping to drive AISPL engagements with our customers and partners
• Work closely with the India Cloud Intelligence lead and field teams to drive closure on our highest priority opportunities in the pipeline
• Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met by AISPL.
• Address customer questions or concerns about feature and functional comparison of AWS, as compared to other vendors in the market
• Serve as a central resource for the BD team to help proactively educate our customers on the benefits of AWS cloud platform
• Create a repository of Cloud Intelligence cases studies and best practice collaterals to share learnings with all parts of AWS
• Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the benefits of using AWS relative to the broader Cloud Computing market
• Handle a high volume of engagements and fast pace of the cloud computing market
• Actively track market trends with respect to cloud computing and the broader IT market in India in general (technologies, key providers & their offerings/use cases/strengths & weaknesses/programs, commercials, market size & opportunity)
• 15+ years of solid experience in pre-sales, cloud, technology services and/or products with a leading technology services/products/consulting organisation
• Deep understanding of business and technical aspects of cloud computing with Technical Certification on public cloud platforms
• Clear track record of managing complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
• Experience of working with variety of India customers across Enterprises, Startups, SMB etc.
• Proven ability to work with business segment leaders, technical leaders with ability to influence road maps
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering background highly desirable
• Deep understanding of Public Cloud Platforms i.e. Microsoft, Google, Oracle Cloud platforms
• Technical certifications (Public Cloud Platforms)
• 10+ years of customer-facing roles
• Experience developing content and solution selling to scale across hundreds of sales reps and/or partners
• Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audience
• Demonstrable strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top