Amazon Web Services is looking for skilled and motivated Professional Services consultants to help accelerate our growing Central Government business in the UK. Cloud technology presents a real opportunity to transform service as well as increase operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
Candidates will have a balance of technical and consulting skills and experience, enabling them to work with business as well as IT leaders, software developers and architects to shape Professional Services engagements. You will be passionate about leveraging the richness of the computing platform to position and deliver the right technology solutions and address changing industry needs. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, workshops and architecture assessments, provide advisory services and lead projects working with customers and partners.
You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, and using these to help customers understand how to architect and implement systems and applications in the cloud. You will be comfortable working alongside partners, including systems integrators and ISVs, to deliver the best possible customer outcomes. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, create demos and proof-of-concepts, and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the platform.
• Scoping and delivering on-site technical engagements with partners and customers, including participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and presenting packaged offerings, and scoping custom solution engagements. You will contribute to documentation such as statements of work and estimates.
• Delivering on-site projects proving the use of services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private and services. Engagements will include of existing applications as well as the development of new applications using services, and will include a mix of hands on as well as artifact creation.
• Working with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
• Contributing to the wider UK Sector Professional Services practice.
• Experience in architecture, software design and operations in hybrid environments as well as projects at scale.
• Experience, or a desire to work in the UK sector, specifically in Central and eligible for National Security Clearance (min BPSS).
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Demonstrated consulting skills, ideally through previous roles as a Consultant or Architect.
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and of business software at scale.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background.
• Flexibility to travel within UK