Cloud Infrastructure Architect - Professional services
- Bogota, Colombia
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are hiring highly technical cloud computing architects within our Professional Services organization to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, lead implementation projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices, and conduct skills transfer workshops. These Professional Services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, migrations, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, and IT transformation.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about delivering valuable customer outcomes. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Deliver value - high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the public sector.
Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships. Develop trusted relationships with customer CIOs, CTOs, IT functional leaders and business sponsor executives
Help develop IT transformation proposals - present compelling proposals to help customers develop a modern cloud-based IT operating model, to drive new business results. This includes short on-site projects proving the value of AWS services, to full enterprise level transformations across thousands of applications migrating quickly to the AWS cloud.
Develop Partner ecosystem - establish executive and technical relationships with key integrators (SIs), software vendors (ISVs) and managed services providers (MSPs) who are offering cloud based IT services and solutions. Deliver joint proposals and joint engagements to help partners succeed in large, complex customer engagements using AWS.
Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, technical sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS platform services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon RDS database services, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps. Influence roadmap changes to accelerate customer adoption and value.
• 7+ or more years of IT implementation experience
• BS level technical degree or commensurate experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
• 3+ years hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Cloudformation, Terraform).Strong practical Linux , Windows and Container-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• 3+ years experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• 1+ years experience with integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• 1+ years experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Fluency in English (written and verbal)
• Customer facing skills to engage well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Technical thought leadership experience in one or more technology areas such as IT security, application development, infrastructure architecture, big data analytics, or IT operations.
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global IT transformation projects, including deep understanding of ITIL, TOGAF and other common IT frameworks.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas such as IT service management, cloud computing, or IT Strategy.
• Track record of implementing Cloud services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• Use of Cloud services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to the enterprise cloud-based IT operating model
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
Back to top