Cloud Infrastructure Architect - Minneapolis
Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights while maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
Do you want to work for the most customer centric company on earth?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
- Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
- Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 50-75% annual travel requirement within your region.
- Managing Customer relationships through Service excellence.
- IT Advisory services and Consulting skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top