Cloud Infrastructure Architect for Media & Entertainment (M&E)
- Seattle, WA
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help Media and Entertainment (M&E) customers leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform to bring digital transformation for their video and content workloads in the cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of cloud services, building and implementing solutions on top of the AWS platform?
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect for M&E will be responsible helping customers accelerate their own success in the AWS Cloud. This builder position will join the Professional Services delivery team focused on AWS' most critical video, content and media customer requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS with the biggest customers in the Media and Entertainment industry. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and business development as well as representing your team to executive management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform for video, content and media workloads.
• Interact with our customers to ensure design, integration, quality, and deployment expectations are met / exceeded; work closely with AWS pre-sales technical teams, to ensure solutions are well-architected and can be successfully delivered.
• Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Coordinate and lead internal solution design review processes.
• Publish and present solutions in large forums of peers and customers.
• Act as a technical liaison with third-party vendors to understand integration requirements and implement custom solutions.
• This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• 3+ years of experience in the Media & Entertainment industry
• Experience in broadcasting grade compressed and uncompressed video in the cloud, particularly around low latency, high bandwidth per stream architectures with greater than 99.999 availability of services
• Experience using features of applications in the media supply chain from content ingest to playout within legacy media and broadcast environments
• Experience with SDI, UHD, 4K, Video over IP, Video Routers, Production Switchers and Mixers
• Experience in working with broadcast solutions from Blackmagic, Grass Valley, Imagine, Evertz, Amagi and others to deliver customer outcomes
• 5+ years experience leading the delivery of enterprise-level IT consulting projects with external customers
• 3+ years' experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
• 3+ year's design/implementation/consulting experience in enterprise broadcast solutions
• 2+ yrs experience working in Agile engagements involving Scrum Teams
• Experience with Live Production tools like VMIX and others.
• Experience in supporting the definition of cloud adoption strategies for large scale media and broadcast workflow solutions and use cases
• Experience in developing roadmaps for strategy and program realization across content, workflows and cloud transformation initiatives
• Experience developing customer centric design recommendations and managing the delivery of technical solutions and platform transformations on Cloud
• Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
• AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado:
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $ 108,900 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top