Are you a subject-matter expert in Edge services (specifically, CDN, WAF, and DDoS mitigation)? Do CDN concepts like cache-hit ratio, latency reduction, POP locations, and serverless support excite you? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new Edge technologies at AWS? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as an Edge expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly-technical subject-matter expert who can dive deep, work with customers, and collaborate with internal teams to design next generation of Edge-based architectures and new offerings.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with Edge-based tools in support of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), and/or DDoS mitigation. Customer-facing experience is required to demonstrate and explain solutions that have been implemented. Customer meetings may include work with developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners. We are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• BA/BS degree or 10+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• 10+ years of IT implementation experience, including enterprise-scale networks and/or content offerings
• Direct hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of infrastructure at scale into the cloud
• Technical knowledge and hands-on implementation experience with AWS Edge services (CloudFront, Shield, WAF, Lambda@Edge) and/or third-party equivalent solutions
• Technical knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, SSL, DNS, etc.
• Direct hands-on technical experience with CDN solutions
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
• Experience in leading or supporting a migration from one Edge service provider to another.
• Network knowledge and experience with IP networking and routing, data center networks and network topologies, DNS, and security
• Deep Edge knowledge and experience with CDN providers, perimeter security solutions, and/or DDoS mitigation strategy and services
• Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, or Puppet
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. The candidate has the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us