Cloud Delivery Architect for Enterprise Transformation
- Barra do Garças, Brazil
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. The Application Migration and Modernization (AM2) Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, AM2 helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases; primarily from large enterprise customers.
In this role as an experienced enterprise transformation architect, you will assist our customers in developing a digital transformation strategy, architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application modernization and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. As a senior technology leader who is experienced in designing and building digital platforms, you will provide technical and architectural leadership in the creation of the strategy and roadmap and will continue in the leadership role throughout the implementation.
Enterprise customers are also specifically requesting guidance on creating a holistic strategy that includes both migration and modernization. In order for customers to leverage modern applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. As customers adopt and build enterprise software engineering platforms, our services will be tightly integrated into the new digital products and services being created. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Lambda, CodeStar, Amazon Elastic Container Services, Fargate, and Amazon EKS to design and build modern applications that are more secure, reliable, scalable, and quickly available for customers.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Educate C-level executives, technical and business professionals on organizational transformation challenges and best practices
• Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unblocking enterprise challenges
• Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on Enterprise cloud strategies
• Assist in defining enterprise operating models for AWS and driving buy-in across complex organization structures
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing transformation feasibility
• Introducing mechanisms for wide scale adoption such as Cloud and DevOps enablement functions, Centers of Excellence, Enterprise re-skill models
• Develop and deliver workshops to educate leaders and identify/address short term blockers and build action plans
• Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform.
• Provide thought leadership by publishing content and delivering public facing sessions on Enterprise Transformation at AWS and Enterprise events
• Defining and executing on the strategy by engaging highly technical teams (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, AWS professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or 5 years of relevant professional or military experience
• Cloud experience
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• Proven Pre-Sales experience and demonstrated ability to support sales up to 50% of the time.
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Led a cloud migration initiative with a customer in their own IT transformation.
• Direct experience architecting AWS solutions, including enterprise capabilities for AWS such as: AWS Organizations, AWS Service Catalog, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Direct Connect, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail.
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, FFIEC, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
• Knowledgeable on AWS partner ecosystem.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as: EC2, RDS, VPC
• Demonstrated knowledge of Serverless technology and architectural patterns such as: Containers and Microservices.
• Experience designing application architecture congruent using the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
• Have obtained at least one AWS Associate or Professional level certification
• Previous AWS experience is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment;
• Masters/MBA degree preferred or similar industry experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top