Cloud Consultant / Architect - Federal DoD, AWS Professional Services
- Flexible / Remote
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We're obsessed about delivering strong success for our Customers - we collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams so we deliver the right solution and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we are not focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. (up to 50%)
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance and satisfy other security related requirements.
We are looking for people that have:
• A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical expert and have past experience working with highly scalable distributed systems. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead architecture development and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create innovative cloud solutions built on AWS.
• A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers in at least one of the following enterprise technology areas: Information System Security; AI/ML; infrastructure automation; cloud migration and deployment; application rationalization and modernization; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevSecOps pipeline build and management; storage and virtualization management.
• An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write basic scripted or compiled code.
• A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Have questions? Have a referral? Want to apply? Email Josh May, Joshmy@amazon.com
• Minimum 5+ years with some or all of design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
• Demonstrated technical skills in at least one of the following: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
• Demonstrated experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
• Demonstrated experience with software development tools and methodologies, including basic ability to write scripted or compiled code.
• Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience require.
• Ability to attain AWS Associate or Professional Certification within three months of hire. Current Certification a plus.
• Knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance services
• Practical Federal Government project delivery experience.
• Experience in running complex projects and/or building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively across internal and external organizations with Executives, IT Management, and Developers.
Amazon is a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top