Are you a cloud infrastructure expert with experience working on large-scale transformations? Would you like to work with our customers to help them understand and leverage the benefits of the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Can you help customers understand cloud architectures through consulting on a multi-disciplinary team? Do you have experience in helping customers to analyse existing systems and to design and deliver modern architectures?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly technical cloud computing architects to help accelerate our growing National Security and Public Safety Professional Services business in the UK. Cloud technology presents a real opportunity to transform service delivery as well as increase operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced cloud consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
Candidates must have a balance of technical and consulting skills and experience, enabling them to work with business as well as IT leaders, software developers and architects to shape Professional Services engagements to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with customer teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, workshops and architecture assessments, provide advisory services and lead implementation projects working with AWS customers and partners.
You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, and using these to help customers understand how to architect and implement systems and applications in the cloud. You will be comfortable working alongside AWS partners, including systems integrators and ISVs, to deliver the best possible customer outcomes. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, create demos and proof-of-concepts, and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the AWS platform.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
As a Senior Consultant you will have:
• Significant hands-on experience in architecture, software design and operations in hybrid cloud environments as well as cloud migration projects.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in consulting, preferably cloud consulting.
• Deep understanding of design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology, infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualisation experience.
• Worked in a customer facing (external or internal), consulting role or project organisation for UK large-scale customers and large scale data driven projects.
As Senior Consultant you will:
• Lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
• Work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams.
• Design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations.
• Create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums.
• Guide customers' technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
• Help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architecture (Associate or Professional), or other specialty.
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives
• Explore all AWS Professional Services roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-hubs/aws-professional-services.
• Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
• Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.