- Manila, Philippines
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology?
Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies? At AWS, we're hiring highly technical Cloud Architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements, while also helping our partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
• Long term development of large, complex, and distributed enterprise organizations
• Engage with customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio
• Development of long term Cloud Strategy for customers
• Identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases
• Deal shaping, including estimations and deal pricing
• Contract negotiations & closing
• Planning and implementation of a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities
• Mitigation of delivery risks & issues
• Overseeing delivery of projects in account, ensuring high quality delivery
• Act as single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations
• Educate customers on AWS services and translate those into a clear business value proposition
• Envision and inspire customers
• Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Current hands-on software development experience required; Internet-related business models preferred
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Masters degree in Computer Science
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."
Back to top