Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
The Remote Consulting Services (RCS) team provides direct to customer, back office and packaged delivery consulting services to customers remotely from a centralized location. Our consultants are builders and deliver projects, technical workshops, and lead implementation projects with customers around the globe. These professional services engagements focus on customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, high performance computing, batch processing, big data, archiving, disaster recovery, migration, security risk and compliance.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Agile software development and DevOps
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• Cloud experience
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Master's Degree
• Computer Science or Engineering background
• Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
• Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Cloud certifications
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Go, etc.)
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $108,900 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.