Are you a developer who has hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands-on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands-on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Master's Degree
• Computer Science or Engineering background
• Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
• Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Cloud experience
• Cloud certifications
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Hands on familiarity with AWS CloudFormation or AWS Cloud Development Kit
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Go, etc.)
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Extracurricular software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.