- Corona, CA
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If so, bring your medical expertise to the most customer centric organization in the world. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to work as Clinical Analyst for our Disability Leave Service (DLS) organization. Acting on behalf of over 500,000 U.S employees the Clinical Analyst serves as a medical resource dedicated to the consulting and management of leaves, disability and accommodation cases for the DLS organization.
The Clinical Analyst performs claim reviews for disability and accommodation claims from a clinical perspective and serves as an integral partner with case managers, Appeals consultants and Accommodation specialist in negotiating return to work plans with treating providers, and occasionally employees.
The ideal candidate will have a strong medical acumen alongside a passion to execute compassionate but business focused case consultation. The Clinical Analyst must understand medical diagnoses, ICD-10 codes, and the impacts that may challenge employees in performing essential job functions at Amazon. Strong candidates will have the ability to effectively depend upon their clinical expertise, but translate their expertise into consultations that will assist Amazon and impacted employees in successfully returning to work.
Additionally, this person will exhibit exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. This individual will demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon. This individual will be responsible for clinical team tasks and case distribution, assist manager in audit and data management, create reports, partner with LTD team and STD/LTD transition review and interface with external vendors and operations.
The Clinical Analyst must provide individual case consultation for complex accommodation and disability life events. Caseloads will range between 40-50 cases per month. Ideal individuals for this role have strong self-management skills, a desire to knowledge share and an ability to translate medical consultation into favorable results for the company and employees.
• Work cross-functionally to provide medical evaluations to DLS operations, and Appeals unit.
• Serves as a clinical subject matter expert to disability case managers and provides clinical analyses related to functional impairment and work capacity.
• Reach out to disabled employees treating providers to gain insight into medical restrictions and limitations
• Determine levels of employee functional capacity utilizing direct contact with treating providers
• Assist with return-to-work plans via contacts with treating providers and employees as needed.
• Must be able to exercise sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills and execute position responsibilities with minimal guidance
• Provides guidance for operations teams
• Work with our operations, appeals and vendor teams to assist in the creation of a new integrated clinical management model
• Understanding of regulations under FMLA, ADAAA, EEOC and OFCCP and various state and local leave of absence laws.
• Responsible for clinical team tasks and case distribution
• Assist manager in audit and data management, create reports
• Partner with LTD team and participate in STD/LTD transition reviews
• Assists in the development of clinical tools, templates, processes, and protocols under the direction of the Clinical manager.
• Travel up to 30% domestic and international
• Current RN, BSN or ADN.
• Minimum 2 years of direct clinical work experience
• 1 or more years of experience in disability management industry managing STD or LTD claims.
• Utilization Review experience.
• Experience using specific clinical criteria or protocols.
• Demonstrate ability to confidently communicate with Physicians, and every level of an employee's treating provider team.
• Experience navigating a large organization and engaging multiple stakeholder groups with varying levels of clinical knowledge
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Certification with CCM or CDMS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top