Chief of Staff
Amazon is a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than at Amazon and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers all over the world, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology, and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Chief of Staff will balance a mix of operational, programmatic, and strategic responsibilities in support of Amazon Web Services (AWS), World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Solution Architecture (SA) and Professional Services (ProServe) organization. The Chief of Staff will have enabled senior technical sales team leadership and have envisioned, built, and operated new programs inside a technical sales organization. The individual will Dive Deep, demonstrate Bias for Action, be persuasive, diplomatic, and have proven executive level communication skills.
The Chief of Staff will assist the senior executive leader in the day to day management of the business. It is very important that Chief of Staff engage and work well across all functional areas of WWPS, SA, ProServe, and Amazon. Responsibilities include:
- Manage, in collaboration with Finance and sales operations, the annual planning calendar: Yearly Operations Plan, Quarterly Business Review
- Drive the cadence and content for business, operational, and strategic reviews
- Monitor progress of team goals (in partnership with Finance)
- Partner with other business units and influence strategic directions
- Identify and prioritize the backlog of cross group collaboration
- Drive special projects and strategic projects
- Serve as a broker and facilitator of areas such as global program direction discussions/conflicts
- Identify efficiency opportunities and drive associated initiatives to improve performance and success of the organization
- Coordinate and drive operations and strategic reviews
- Engage with finance and sales operations partners to drive business data analysis to help drive strategic decisions
- Budget and head count oversight at the overall global level
- Assist leaders in the annual planning process, headcount allocation, portfolio management, etc.
- Set and drive regular cadence of communications to various stakeholders including internal employees, external audiences
- Responsible for communications of key initiatives across the staff leaders
- Partner with Communications and Marketing to drive customer and organization communications and related items
�� Facilitate discussions on program direction/conflicts
- Drive staff meeting agendas, manage follow-up actions
- Manage agendas/topics for staff meetings, strategic off-sites and other important reviews
- Prepare updates and business reviews with executive leaders
- 25% domestic and international travel required.
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
WWPS – SA - ProServ
- 10+ years of experience within a technical sales organization leading operations, program development process, both PDP (spell out acronym) and experience shipping products
- 10+ years of experience partnering effectively with global, geographically disperse or ad-hoc teams
- 10+ years of experience in technical, financial, business, project management and resource management
- 10+ years of experience in developing and writing white papers and presenting in executive level meetings
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; proven ability to get results across multiple groups and disciplines
Experience working with a high degree of ambiguity and driving clarity in key areas
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop presentations and whitepapers and to influence and work with peers, stakeholders, customers, suppliers and partners
Strategic thinker with highly developed analytical and critical thinking abilities. Able to find and mine data to help make design strategy and road map decisions
Holds people accountable for achieving goals
Leads by example, creating a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top