Drives the planning, design, implementation, organization, and day-to-day operation of the company's various Data Centers, Globally. Analyzes the needs of departments and establishes priorities for infrastructure design, data center expansion, and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company's critical facilities, mechanical and electrical systems and day-to-day operations.
Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the assets deemed critical to Business Uptime. DCEO exists to operate and maintain the critical infrastructure supporting IT operations within the data center space. These processes will be deployed with initial and periodic training to ensure understanding and repeatable results.
- Manages projects and drives to find root cause of facility issues
- Has responsibility for ensuring maintenance/ repairs of site-critical facility infrastructure or a Data Center are planned and executed to the best interest of the business.
- Acts as a mentor for more junior employees and assists in their career development.
- Begins to develop expertise in technical disciplines such as: Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Building Maintenance/ Automation.
- Can assist in the design and build out of new facilities
- Responsible for Asset and Inventory management.
- Can develop training curriculum for customers or junior team members.
- Reports to and interacts with management regarding the status of projects.
- Technical (Military/ Trade School) training and/or relevant experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid leadership and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- 80% of this position is tactical, 20% is strategic
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Work at heights and from ladders.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
- Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Work at depths, such as under raised floors
- 4+ years of data center operations/facilities experience
- Associates or Bachelors in applicable engineering field or mechanical or electrical trades
- Operating engineering licenses such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
- Stationary Engineering or Building Engineering License
- Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
- CFC license
- NFPA 70E
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top