- Hamburg, Germany
• Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The successful candidate will be a key part of AMZL (Amazon Logistics) design team, and will be a key stakeholder in the overall change management, and change instruction process which interfaces a number key teams in the AMZL business. The Change manger will overview and track all change requests associated with delivery station design and construction. As Change Manager you will own process standardization, optimization and develop tools to track and report progress. You will be responsible for gathering information to create business cases and implementation plans for the change requests. You will collaborate with other key stakeholders in the process to fulfill requirements for the change to assessed, approved and implemented in a timely, organized and consistent manner. This included changes to new projects and inflight projects. The Change Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU delivery station network. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical documentation and process alignment with other factions of the Amazon business. This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
• Responsibilities: Lead deployment of Process Standard implementations and upgrades within change management Own progress audits and support results-driven action planning Contribute to the creation and continuous improvement of operation standards, and partnering with local management and supporting teams (ACES, Process Engineering, WHS, ...) Support development and piloting of process improvements and ongoing benchmarking initiatives Contribute to network standardization via best practice sharing with counterparts EU-wide Keep configuration systems up to date and provide visibility to all impacted teams Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required Provide technical direction within engineering design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements Facilitate and team with others on due diligence Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work Support contractors' work and help them to achieve higher performance levels. Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing Delivery Stations Coach other new members on best practices.
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or 2 years Amazon experience
• Experience as a Change Manager, Architect, Engineer, or Construction Manager
• Project Management experience through design/execution
• Experience negotiating consultancy fees - tendering consultancy works
• Ability to lead and manage an external team of consultants, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
• Master's degree in architecture, engineering or construction management
• Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
• The role will be based in Germany and may include travelling to various delivery station locations within Germany/EU and meeting with suppliers (20% travel, variable)
• Submit CV in English
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top