Certification Exam Facilitation Program Manager
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training & Certification team is seeking a proven program manager to create, develop, manage and maintain AWS technical certification exams in a rapidly evolving and expanding landscape for global delivery. Successful candidates will have a strong exam development or technical background, be detail driven and have excellent training and problem solving skills. You will have an understanding of certification exam development lifecycle and be able to effectively train subject matter experts on the certification best practices. You will also implement an item development workflow to assist in keeping the certification exams technically accurate and current.
Prefer candidate to work in Seattle, San Francisco or Herndon, but open to other locations for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate exam development workshops: Job Task Analysis, Item Writing/Review, and Standard Settings
- Recruit and collaborate with subject matter experts
- Conduct quality reviews of exam files
- Train subject matter experts on Amazon's style guidelines and exam development best practices
- Implement proper tracking mechanisms for item workflow
- Manage and implement a remote item development process and success metrics
- Report on subject matter expert and item metrics
- Report on psychometric and exam development vendor performance to ensure technical and statistical accuracy of Amazon's certifications
- Manage the editorial review of items (e.g. grammar, spelling, standardizing on technical terms throughout the exam, etc.)
- Implement exam maintenance schedules
- Report on exam development metrics
- 4+ years' experience in exam development
- 2+ years' experience facilitating and leading exam development workshops for certification
- Knowledge of ANSI/17024 certification, standards for education and psychometric testing or ICE, NCCA
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years' equivalent work experience (psychometric testing or certification)
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually
- IT test development experience
- Experience working in a certification program
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top