Category Strategy Manager
- Sydney, Australia
Category Strategy Manager - FMCG, Consumables
There's never been a more exciting time to join Amazon!
Amazon Australia is growing at a phenomenal rate as we work to create an awesome shopping experience for Australians. New team members are joining us every day in our mission to be the most customer-centric company on earth.
To reach our aspiration, we need talented, bright, and driven people just like you! If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing team at Amazon and to take a first step and building a brilliant career.
Amazon is seeking to add a Category Strategy Manager to our team to help build our key Consumables categories. You will join a high performing, learning-oriented, analytical team, who are motivated to work hard, have fun, and make history
As a Category Strategy Manager, you will be owning relationships with our most Strategic partners, including some of Australia's most innovative businesses, and driving them to improve their customer experience and Amazon strategy.
Responsibilities include expanding our product selection, improving product availability, building and maintaining strong relationships with key partners (both internally and externally), category analytics and driving overall improvements to the Amazon Australia store.
This role will have a high degree of autonomy and you will also be responsible for Product Management within the Consumables business; including launching new programs and products (for example, we recently launched Alcohol on Amazon Australia). You will work with various stakeholders and teams across the Amazon organization both locally and internationally.
So what is involved in this role day-to-day? It's incredibly varied, so you need to enjoy managing multiple projects and problem-solving! You'll also be working to:
• Consult top Strategic partners on their Amazon strategy; driving program adoption across Amazon tools and services such as Fulfilment by Amazon, and Amazon Advertising
• Partner with technology teams to drive automation and scalability across the worldwide organization by launching new programs and features, as part of the Product Management responsibility
• Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy for Consumables, completing in-depth analysis into customer trends
• Enhance Customer Experience:
o Become an expert on your category with the aim of driving business improvements, innovation, and scale and across the Marketplace business.
o Work within the category to identify customer pain points and create new or improved experiences for the customer.
• Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams.
• Analyze industry and Amazon internal data to understand competitive landscape across multiple categories and identify customer trends
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
Who we are looking for:
We are a diverse workforce - our people bring many different experiences to our mission and many different types of leaders succeed here, but have a few things in common:
• High level of motivation with a results orientation
• Analytical acumen and a passion for solving problems (many of which are complex)
• Ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguity
• Hunger to deliver, matched with resilience when things don't go our way the first time
• Willingness to roll up our sleeves to get things done
• Excellent communication skills: ability to work directly with all levels of our Seller's organization (from the Account Manager to the National Sales Director to the General Manager and CEO)
• Enjoy working as a team, but have the ability to own outcomes and work autonomously
About working at Amazon
• Our retail team operates out of our fabulous Sydney CBD office and also offer flexible working from home arrangements
• Amazon offers a competitive compensation and stock plan. We also look after our people with benefits including: subsidized private health and life insurance, commuter benefits and even an Amazon discount
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status
• A relevant Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience in retail, finance or management consulting
• 2-3+ years of external relationship management experience with a track record of being able to influence outcomes
• Experience in leading negotiations or influencing stakeholders
• Experience in product management
• Experience with Excel or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools, with the ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
• Experience in the FMCG sector
• SQL skills
• Tableau data management skills
Back to top