At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Category Procurement team is seeking a leader with procurement experience to manage Amazon's support to operational facilities with building maintenance services. This individual will drive the execution of processes and tools that support Amazon procurement and maintenance leaders to ensure operational systems across nearly 1,000 sites in the US, Canada and Mexico. This leader will prioritize multiple competing demands and flex quickly between tactical task execution and maintain a strategic focus. This leader will be autonomous while also, lead pears to generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and often ambiguous environment. This leader will collaborate with people at every level including vendor partners and business partner leaders in a high paced environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Drive Supplier Relationship Management activities as it relates to safety compliance and the contractor risk management program in order to mitigate risk, improve performance, and add value to Amazon
• Build the category metrics model based on input from the category team to track and monitor safety performance and compliance to the category strategy
• Develop a deep working relationship and partnership with Procurement, Operations Construction, Ops Engineering, Reliability & Maintenance Engineering, Legal, and Employee Health & Safety
• Support the development and execution of an end of the year (or annual) Project/Vendor evaluation process
• Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the network and site levels.
• Support the Employee Health & Safety team and Governance team in expectations and procedure clarifications related to Contractor Management
Role is open to Nashville, TN or Seattle (Bellevue), WA.
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations or related field, equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in an indirect sourcing or supply chain management or equivalent role
• 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain Data Systems, Oracle, MS tool suite and ability to learn proprietary systems
• Master's degree preferred in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations, or related.
• Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
• Base Building Maintenance, electrical services, or procurement support to facility maintenance activities
• Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
• The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills.
• Supplier relationship experience
• 2+ years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us