Category Development Manager-GlobalSellingIN
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Services offers services to sellers in multiple countries to sell on Amazon websites globally and grow multi-channel commerce. See www.amazonservices.com for details of products and services. We are looking for a Category Development Manager as part of the Global Selling team within Amazon Services. Amazon Global Selling is an important initiative to grow the Amazon Marketplace Seller Business around the world, with the India team focusing on helping Indian sellers list on other Amazon global marketplaces. This person will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on a strategy to enable broad use of Amazon Services by Manufacturers and Exporters in India wishing to sell globally, and play a key role in influencing product selection on global Amazon websites. This business will play an important role in Amazon's mission to be the place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy on Earth.
The role-holder will own developing the Category Strategy for Consumables category exported from India and all export marketplaces as part of the Global Selling Program. Specific responsibilities will include defining key product segments to target, building long-term business opportunity and helping Sellers grow their business globally in different market place. The ideal candidate will possess good business judgment, commercial negotiations and relationship management along with deep analytical acumen. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy solving challenging problems.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Managing topline, including planning, forecasting and driving growth for Consumables category across all NA, EU, MENA, AU etc. locales, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business.
• Identifying industry trends that are relevant to customer selection and experience. Conduct deep dive analysis and share recommendations on on current business, future opportunities and action plans based on data.
• Providing thought leadership around planning, roadmaps and execution, ensuring alignment with broader business goals and vision.
• Generating and implementing big ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and scale within Consumables category and across all markets, in partnership with category managers and country managers across NA, EU, MENA, AU etc.
This position is based out of Bangalore. The person will work closely with other Global Selling Teams across the world
- Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce required.
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction required.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business by the numbers. Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with cross border trade selling, e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage
- Previous responsibility for strategic development, product management or product marketing, revenue targets and quotas is highly desirable.
- Prior experience influencing C-level executives highly desirable
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desirable
Back to top