Catalog Specialist I
- Chennai, India
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the team:
Retail Business Services (RBS) is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designated to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog.
Private Brands Amazon private brands are product made by or for Amazon where Amazon is the owner of the brand. Amazon Private Brands are designed to add value to our customers by offering a good value and lower price alternative to existing competitor products. With frustration free packaging, appealing designs, and reliable quality, the range is targeting to offer higher quality to A-Brand products for better prices to our customers.
Private Brands is a fast-growing business that is rapidly expanding to delight our customers. Our team is looking for a results oriented, dynamic and an energetic associate to onboard vendors successfully by negotiating the price and cost of the product which is profitable to Amazon business. The senior associate will be responsible for root causing data quality issues, researching vendor escalations, identifying selection gaps and develop business relationship with vendors to have a positive customer and vendor experience. This role requires an individual to have a passion for brands, be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, enjoy delivering results and be motivated by a fast-paced environment. He or she must be able to effectively drive operational metrics, meet the SLAs and exceed ambitious business goals by engaging with internal business and operations partners."
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Handle the day-to-day volumes of the assigned tasks as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
• Ensure the given deliverables are executed within SLA and per the quality standards
• Escalation guidelines to be followed and reported on a timely basis to the manager
• Interacting and coordinating with the requesters to accurately reflect the catalog/product related information
• Ability to dive deep into a problem, perform root cause analysis and identify constraints to recommend a solution
• Ability to deal with ambiguity use discretion and judgment to take decisions on critical business tasks based on available information
• Proven skill in identifying and fixing process gaps, improvement opportunities and use of small scale automation, technology to increase productivity or drive process simplification
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline
• 3 - 5 years of successful backend operations, handling complex request of customers, inside sales or Client management experience, preferably in the e-commerce, retail technology, Business Process Outsourcing, Hi-tech or software industries
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships and influence others without authority
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
• Strong organizational and project management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management
• Proactive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player
• Proficient in Excel
• SQL, Python, VBA Knowledge
• Experience in managing priority queues with highest level of accuracy
• Catalog Knowledge is preferred
• Global perspective and solid understanding of business objectives
Back to top