Career Ambassador Regional Manager
Global Talent Management is seeking an innovator with expertise in coaching, facilitation, employee relations and HR to lead an international team of Career Ambassadors.
Driving all of Amazon's businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers. The Global Talent Management team, in turn, obsesses over those amazing employees. We believe engaged employees will allow Amazon to find new ways to exceed our customers' expectations.
As a Regional Manager you will be part of a Talent Management program where you will lead a team of Career Ambassadors who support Amazonians in taking the next steps in their careers.
- Positively connect with employees at all levels utilizing a variety of communication methods
- Recommend simplification ideas for of support model in coordination with a global team
- Manage a team of Career Ambassadors and build country by country expertise across a region
- Build expertise on a region's specific needs and attributes
- Reinforce training and guidance on program
- Quickly build trusting relationships with employees, managers and HRBPs
- Actively listen to employees and provide them coaching regarding possible next steps in their career
- Facilitate career and performance conversations and mediate conflicting perspectives
- Serve as escalation point for managers and HRBPs
- Manage workflow and scaling of employees being assigned to Career Ambassadors
- Review regional data to recognize and act on problematic trends
- Provide specialist advice regarding HR, performance and employment issues that will continuously improve the program and ultimately the employee experience
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of program short-term and long-term deliverables
- 25% travel required
Critical Skills & Abilities:
- Connect and positively interface at all organizational levels
- Advise without directing, allowing others to realize their own answers and solution and own their choices
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented; able to ensure rigor and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Have a "hands on," "roll up your sleeves" mentality
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
- 7+ years of management experience; experience with remotely managing employees.
- Program management experience.
- BS in Psychology, Business or related field
- 10+ years of experience in HR, employee relations, coaching or similar fields
- Experience in vocational psychology, coaching or career outplacement services
- Experience working in highly confidential environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately ~ 25%.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in HR/Social Work/Psychology preferred.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member
- Experience working with corporate workforce
- Graduate Degree in Human Resources, Vocational Psychology, Social Work or similar
- Knowledge of employment law and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top