Capture Business Development - State and Local Government
Are you a strategic minded sales and business development leader? Are you able to recognize business and technology trends to create compelling and competitive sales strategies? Are you a change agent and would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the US State/Local government sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and driving adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with United States public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technology background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Capture Business Development Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on a defined geography in the US State/Local government market, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services. Your broad responsibilities will include working closely with sales management, sales representatives, partner strategists, and other Amazon stakeholders to define, develop, and lead the execution of a cross vertical strategy to achieve long-term growth objectives for the region. Leveraging all applicable business units, resources, partners, and teams of Amazon, the Business Development Manager will be a key part of the sales team helping to influence and shape business in the region, identify new business opportunities, and lead the pursuit of key large or strategic must win opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess prior sales and capture/business development experience across more than one IT field, as well as extensive experience in the public sector. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically, competitively, as well as acting tactically to build and execute a plan to achieve the region's objectives. The candidate must have a deep understanding of public sector procurement and contracting practices.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 10-15 years of broad professional experience in two or more related IT fields, such as consulting services, business process outsourcing, software and systems integration, and infrastructure and IT managed services / outsourcing
- 10+ years of experience across sales, business development, and capture management of State and Local government contracts
- 5+ years of direct field sales experience meeting and exceeding quotas
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Experienced in consultative selling of business outcomes focused solutions and multi-year recurring revenue contracts
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with the ability to interface and negotiate with the CXO level
- Ability to build effective internal and external networks
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision making capabilities
- Proven record as a team player with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the tolerance for a high level of ambiguity and a bias for action
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to lead tactical execution
- MBA or advanced college degree preferred
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of cloud services, complex cloud services engagements, and the various marketplace definitions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, hybrid, private, public, community, etc.)
- Experience in applying cloud services solutions to create strategic value propositions to win new business
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top