Capital Markets Partner Business Development
- New York, NY
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Business Development Specialist to drive AWS adoption among innovative capital markets software and services companies, creating for our customers the broadest set of offerings to build the next generation of market infrastructure. You will work closely with teams across AWS to set strategy and build relationships with leading financial solution providers, from disruptive FinTech startups through systemically important market utilities. You will understand the needs of AWS's capital markets customers and industry trends ensuring that we are creating the leading ecoystem of offerings for our customers. You will act as the SME for capital markets solutions, working with AWS Sales and Partner teams to more effectively drive strategic interactions with key partner prospects and customers. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Security, and Compliance teams to develop and promote partner best-practices in areas such as data security, resiliency and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and capital markets background, with experience in developing and managing partner relationships. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in past roles, and the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive strategic execution of sales and business development goals.
- Identifying, recruiting, and developing solutions with, and supporting joint sales and marketing efforts with key independent solutions vendors (ISV) and system integrators (SI)
- Developing long-term strategic relationships with key capital markets partners
- Developing and articulating a compelling value propositions around AWS partnerships with capital markets solution providers
- Evangelizing a partner value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
- Establishing AWS as the preferred cloud computing platform for capital markets software vendors
- Understanding the requirements of each partner segment and workig closely with the internal AWS development teams to guide the direction of our programs
- Serve as a key member of the AWS effort in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy for the segment
- Expect moderate travel
- 5+ years partner development or consulting management experience in managing enterprise level relatiponships in the capital markets industry -
- Keen understanding of the systems and vendors that are used to support trading, clearing and settlement in the financial industry
- An ability to identify and clearly articulate the IT benefits and the business benefits associated with moving capital markets systems to the cloud.
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members, sponsors, key stakeholders, and executives
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed.
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- 10+ years partner development or consulting management experience in managing enterprise level relatiponships in the capital markets industry
- Knowledge of financial regulations and IT governance, audit and compliance.
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, large-company environment
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time
- Team player willing to work in an international environment and be part of a global team
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top