Capcity Planning Analyst
- Yangcun, China
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a talented senior analyst to join the Customer Service Capacity Planning team to lead short term planning for China. This role requires someone with strong analytic skills and business acumen who will work with stakeholders on strategic planning/projects within CS. Some examples of project work may include support of long-term CS site strategy; planning model input forecasting and general project evaluation for CS network cost, quality, scale, flexibility and business continuity. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytic background that enables him/her to manage global network planning, a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives and the ability to persuade executives to build consensus on objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading CS short term Capacity Planning initiatives and strategy.
• The successful candidate will work in lock step with multiple business teams, CS Operations, Global Outsourcing, Program Management and Finance leadership.
• Optimize headcount capacity for the business by balancing customer experience/service levels, employee experience, operational flexibility, and cost effectiveness
• Manage the analysis of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of key performance indicators
• Coordination of global analytic roll-ups in support of project work and reporting as needed
• Create new reporting & analytic opportunities by analyzing and understanding key planning processes
• Thought leadership on integration of new products/services supported by CS.
• Document writing and presentations up to the director level.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 5+ years of experience quantitative research or analyses
• 3+ years SQL and Excel experience
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related field
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment while delivering results (SL attainment, Finance objectives)
• Received a Master's degree
• Operations research or capacity planning experience
• Experience working with SPSS, SAS, R, Python in a professional setting
• Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
• Database Administration skills
• Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
• Previous experience of leading a team of analysts
Back to top