We are currently seeking a Capacity Install Technician to serve as a technical resource within our mission critical Data Center. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of Data Center Engineering Operations. Due to the success of the Amazon' operations and rapid expansion of Data Centres we are recruiting suitable candidates to operate / maintain these facilities in Ireland. The successful candidates will be expected to have a primarily in the increase of capacity and the improvement of efficiencies to help offer Amazon' customers better value.
- Assist in the installation and operation of all racks and rack based systems .
- Responding to daily changes and demands in installations particularly during peak periods. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
- Assist in maintenance and monitoring of all Data Center rack systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center support.
- Assisting with monitoring and troubleshoot all related mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, voice/data, chiller systems and generators.
- Provide assistance to contractor or data center engineers to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all facility equipment.
- Provide assistance to contractor or data center engineer to deploy new equipment, such as racks, cabling and other tasks as necessary
- Perform system walkthroughs to verify proper installation of racks and updating of their related Monitoring Systems
The successful candidate show be able to demonstrate the following competencies / behaviors:
- An ability to solve problems through root-cause elimination, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- An aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving complex issue
- Ability to maintain service level agreements (SLAs) through the implementation of proactive issue detection and immediate response.
- An ability to follow procedures system documentation and track issues through appropriate entries into a Trouble Ticket system.
- Prioritise appropriately in a complex, fast-paced environment.
-Be capable of actively engaging and working collaboratively with other support teams to drive resolution of problems encountered
• Solid IT skills; with experience and knowledge in generating reports, navigation of BMS and IT programs such as Microsoft Office.
• Must have a professional electrical certification (National Craft Certificate (NCC), Registered Electrical Contractor (REC), or equivalent)
• 1 to 4 years experience as an electrician subsequent to obtaining qualification or experience working at an electrical discipline.
• Demonstrate key electrical competencies and theory.
• Know and apply safe electrical practice according to guidelines set by relevant electrical safety supervisory bodies (e.g. ECSSAI and RECI in Ireland)
• Professional Certification in power engineering or Controls engineering -Broad knowledge of generic data centre Critical infrastructure
• Familiar with the use of Trouble Ticketing systems , modeled change management and Approval systems.
• Familiar with navigating Building management systems (BMS) and SCADA
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.