Capacity Install Technician
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a world leader in cloud services, operating large-scale, high-density centers across the globe. We are expanding our technician teams within the EMEA regions and have openings for Installation Technicians. This is an entry level position and a unique opportunity to work in some of the most innovative and fast paced data centers in the world.
The Infrastructure Delivery team is responsible for the scaling and physical deployment of new data center infrastructure. As part of that team, you will be primarily tasked with installing cabling and new racks within the data centers. This position has a physical component and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations. You must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) including weekends to meet the needs of the business.
You will also be involved in:
• Adhering to security and safety best practices in the data center.
• Installation and testing of copper and Fiber Optic cabling.
• Basic build and troubleshooting of network devices..
• Adhering to defined escalation processes and standard operating procedures.
• The project management of multiple projects with the ability to deliver within designated time frames.
• Working in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
Ability to travel within geographical work area is required (i.e. move from data center to data center within the same region).
Come check out our City Guide for the Zaragoza region: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-city-guides/welcome-to-aws-zaragoza.
• AS/BS in Computer Science; or Certification in a relevant field (CCENT, Network+, CCNA) and up to 2 years of Networking Deployment experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
• Good understanding of infrastructure technologies, including Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls at the enterprise level
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
• Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
• Familiarity with common networking terms and fabric based network design
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, some travel outside traditional work area may be requeste
• Experience with Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Experience with Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords
• Experience with Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
• Experience with Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system and project management workflows.
• Experience in migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware.
Please Apply With Your CV / LinkedIn Profile In English
• Be a self-starter, highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn and up skill.
• Able to perform repetitive tasks and adhere to standard processes and best practices. You will be working in a team environment and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
• Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows.
• Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
• Ability to read basic layout drawings and floorplans.
• Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, CITY & GUILDS Cabling cert or equivalent)
• Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management).
• Experience with a ticketing system
• Understanding of server operating systems, Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes and bios configurations - City and Guilds Copper an fibre certification
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top