Business Risk Management Specialist
- Herndon, VA
Are you looking for an exciting role where you can analyze and develop end-to-end risk management processes with big improvement impacts to protect our customers? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its global presence, with AWS Security being at the forefront of protecting our customers.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team within Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced and self-motivated ERM professional with a proven record of identifying, organizing, leading, and controlling the risks of an organization in order to protect customer data and information.
The Senior Business Risk Management Specialist will identify, assess, manage, remediate, and track risks on behalf of the AWS Business Risk Management program. This role will own and drive a relationship with key business stakeholder(s) to understand and identify potential risks.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Exercising judgement to help determine appropriate enterprise-wide risks to be tracked by BRM and reported to the Board of Directors
• Playing an active and lead role in spearheading the roll out of the BRM program across all of AWS.
• Building consensus and trust around the program while engaging with senior stakeholders from across AWS' business lines.
• Helping to drive the strategic thinking and direction of the program in a way that's peculiar to AWS.
• Delivering high-impact results in a timely manner to ensure we meet business critical deliverables that are consistent with the highest standards.
• Consistently demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills as they will need to produce and present risk reports related to risks identified (these reports will be seen by VPs, other senior leaders, and potentially external examiners and board members).
While a strong risk management background is a basic requirement, we're also looking for is someone who is commercially minded, able to deliver a large program in a highly collaborative way, comfortable with ambiguity, able to interface with senior leadership and other stakeholders effectively. You will be comfortable balancing thinking big (innovating creative solutions) and diving deep (assessing cross-functional risks across the organization, delivering results through both collaborative and independent work streams, and identifying and resolving complex issues.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5+ years of Risk Management experience. •
• 5+ years of project/program management experience.
• 5 + years of large scale project management experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals.
• 5+ years of experience driving risk improvements that have resulted in measurable business impacts.
• Master's degree.
• 5+ years of experience with risk management in highly technical environments.
• Lean or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification.
• 5+ years of experience in governance risk and compliance.
• 5+ years of experience of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
• 5+ years of experience generating automated metrics to measure risk effectiveness and consistency.
• 5+ years of experience with metrics based projects and utilizing metrics to guage risk and success.
• 5+ years of experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls and working directly with auditors for these types of assessments.
• 5+ years of experience defining risk management roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top