This position is preferably intended for candidates belonging to Protected Categories with certification as beneficiary law 68/99 Art.1 (employment of people with disability)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesto power their infrastructure.
AWS organization in Italy is seeking an experienced Operations Lead to partner with the local Management team of Solutions Architects (SA) to define, land and execute against the strategic priorities for our Solutions Architecture organization. In that individual contributor role, the candidate will create and implement success metrics for the organization, and drive predictability in operations, planning, goals setting, strategic initiatives, as well as reporting and success measuring of the key internal initiatives. The candidate has strong business strategy background, organizational planning experience, broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a passion for analytics and data. The ideal individual will leverage past experiences to assist our technical teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance, optimizing the organizational design for serving the customer.
This position will be responsible for implementing KPIs and measuring performance of the organization, supplying the management team with relevant and timely data and facts on health of the functions. This position will manage the rhythm of the activities such as Weekly Reviews, goal setting and tracking mechanisms, as well as other cadenced reporting and metrics.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves".
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the AWS Solutions Architect (SA) organization, such as Sales, Business Development, Professional Services, Partner, as well as the Worldwide Solution Architects and Customer Success Manager (CSM) teams to facilitate knowledge sharing, best practice dissemination and alignment. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
As Operations Lead your role is critical and highly visible across the organization. Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate to the definition of the goals, drive programs and tooling across the regional Solution Architect team to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve attainment of strategic objectives
• Track and report all key performance indicators, goals, efficiency and trend analyses during monthly business reviews
• Develop management dashboards and reports
• Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
• Analyze data and trends to make informed recommendations to managers and drive change
• Define requirements for SA specific tooling to support processes and optimize their day to day work
• Collaborate with other operations managers to identify and implement best practices
• Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs
The successful candidate is analytical and possesses a passion for developing insights from data. He/She should be able to communicate those insights effectively to business stakeholders. This requires excellent business acumen and communication skills as well as the ability to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions. The candidate will also be able to collect information and design the analysis model that answers these questions. The candidate will demonstrate critical analytical thinking and the willingness to dive deep. Lastly, he/she should be have a technical proficiency in Excel and preferably Tableau/Quicksight.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
• Relevant work experience in business operations role
• Professional skills in reporting and communications
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel. Basic SQL skills
• Working experience with complex budgeting spreadsheets, reporting tools
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skill in business English
• Fluent in Italian and English is essential
• Possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross-functional teams and solve issues
• Ability to convey operational status and issues to multiple levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail and clarity
• Ability to think strategically about business challenges
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands
• Experience in project management and business systems implementation projects
• Familiarity with Salesforce data reporting
We are preferably looking for candidates belonging to Protected Categories under L. 68/99.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us