Business Operations Manager - AWS Commerce Platform
- Santa Monica, CA
AWS Commerce Platform Business Operations team is seeking a seasoned systems and operations leader who can lead a team of program managers and business analysts. The AWS Commerce Platform Team builds and operates the back and front end platforms that enable customers to understand their billing/financial status and pay for services. Our team owns customer financial experience and management tools for one of the world's largest commerce platforms. We are looking for a for a business operations manager to join the team in Hyderabad, India.
Our services generate and send financial documents to customers, collect payments, and account for revenue. We process millions of invoices and financial documents every month, which represents billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Quality, accuracy and availability are critical to our business.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to partner with these teams to address key customer issues and support core business processes. In this highly visible role, you will work with your peers and senior management, making concrete improvements in customer's lives.
The FinX Business Operations team supports escalations from internal clients like Customer Service, Finance and Accounting for payment issues, financial reporting questions and broken business processes. This team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and customer experience improvements throughout FinX.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to drive issues to resolution. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving and a fast learner to quickly learn the nuances of AWS financial systems. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Accounting, Accounts Receivable and development teams as you identify and resolve customer issues and business problems. Your experience managing people allows you to act as a force-multiplier and deliver through others. As a leader for this team, you must be capable of crafting a big-picture vision and garnering support from partner organizations to bring it to fruition. You must be able to communicate well with all areas and levels within the company. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader in a fast-paced, demanding environment, have a finance/accounting background, be detail oriented, and have experience managing teams that drive operational excellence by influencing others.
What You'll Do
• Manage operational relationships with internal customers with both technical and non-technical teams
• Improve customers' payments experience and drive operational efficiency through understanding of underlying system architecture and system flows
• Identify system operational gaps in new offerings and set operational requirements for new projects
• Independently manage a team of program managers and analysts, and assess performance.
• Define the strategic vision for your team, partnering effectively with customers and stakeholders.
• Communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences. You are able to write narratives, PR/FAQs, and other strategic documentation.
• Define metrics to measure team progress, customer experience, solution quality, and operational excellence.
• Create customer engagement mechanisms, adheres to SLAs, and effectively manages operations.
• 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects with tech and non-tech teams
• 7+ years of experience in program or project management
• 7+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Program Operations or a similar role in a corporate environment supporting a global tech organization
• 5+ years of experience in systems administration and/or analysis
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• Hands-on experience with driving improvements for technical infrastructure and SDLC
• PMP or Project Management Certification
• Master's in Business Administration
• 2+ years of coding experience in Any programming language
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
• Experience with a payment processor or an acquirer, international payments experience is a plus
• Superior oral and written communication skills. Financial, analytical and communication skills. Professional skills in reporting and communications.
• Experience defining, refining and implementing processes, procedures and policies. Relevant work experience in business operations role for a large organization. Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, and SQL skills
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands.
• Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
Back to top