For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the worldincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesto power their infrastructure. We are a team of builders that set out every day to innovate on behalf of AWS's largest customers and disrupt the status quo on their behalf. We don't sit back and watch the world change; we're the ones changing it. And we are on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a team where every day is full of engaging and meaningful work.
AWS has a strong culture of data-driven decision-making; requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that delivers significant business value. We are seeking an experienced Sales Operations Manager to partner with the Government Transformation Team (GTT) in defining, landing and executing on our key strategic priorities from a sales and business operations perspective. The ideal candidate has significant experience in data analysis, reporting and dashboarding, strong strategic planning and financial acumen, and a deep analytic background. The ideal candidate is able to develop and assist the GTT team in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results and insights that meaningfully impact business performance.
This position will be responsible to assist the GTT team in evaluating performance utilizing ERP, CRM and BI tools to derive well-vetted analyses, and other ad-hoc requests as needed. This role will need to understand complex data structures within AWS and produce data, analysis, and insights to drive decision making.
This individual will collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in sales or sales operations. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves" and deliver with the highest standards.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Interpret business needs and identifying then analyzing data with consistent high accuracy to derive operational insights.
• Develop and build critical performance dashboards and analysis to provide guidance on business performance
• Manage the development of continuously-evolving models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
• Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
• Act as the primary lead for business planning support for GTT on Operating Plan (OP1 and OP2), Operating Strategy, and more.
• Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent skills and experience
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analyses of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations; expertise in Microsoft Office Suite required, advanced Excel, SQL, and dashboarding skills
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong communication skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results with high data integrity and standards
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
• Strong financial, analytical, and forecasting skills
• Cross group collaboration skills and ability to consolidate information across various geographies and data sources
• Significant experience in Sales or Business Operations, Finance or other related fields
• Experience working within the public sector industry is highly desired.
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial
• Experience or knowledge of the Healthcare and/or Education care industries in the US and International markets.
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.