Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? In our vision to build a global marketplace, we are enabling Selling Partners to reach and adapt to customers across the world. With new countries being added and changing legislation across the world, the level of complexity is increasing.
As a Business Operations Manager you will be responsible for establishing and driving the processes for how we support these third-party Sellers meet their European VAT requirements. These requirements are changing across Europe and to help make this intuitive and simple for Sellers, you will need to hold a high-bar and serve as the owner for the process inputs, efficiency and timely results.
Your key responsibilities in this role include:
• Manage end-to-end operational and compliance processes
• Manager multiple partner teams and audit
• Identify opportunities to invent and simplify while influencing product and program managers
• Define and establish success metrics to support internal stakeholder and your program goals
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field of study
• Several years of program management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Prior experience in a program management role managing deployments, designing reports and reporting mechanisms
• Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
• Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate
• Excellent oral and written language skills is English, plus any other major European languages are a plus
• Experience working with Tax/Legal/Public Policy
• General knowledge of VAT requirements in Europe
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.