Business Operations Lead
- Seattle, WA
This position will be responsible for Sales Operations and Business analysis for the Education team within the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Sales Operations organization. This will be a pivotal role that enables you to have significant business impact through your direct involvement in monthly and quarterly metrics, modeling, reporting, forecasting, and providing operations support and ensuring data quality.
This position will be responsible for leading formalization of the financial and business reporting for the Education team within WWPS. The role will include creating and maintaining dashboards, operational metrics and Key Performance Indicators to support the rapid growth of the AWS public sector business.
The WWPS Sales Operations Lead will work in collaboration and coordination with the Education team they support, along with account teams, partner teams, service teams, corporate finance and Worldwide Sales Operations. The Operations Lead will lead the formulation of dashboards, reporting and metrics; support Quarterly Business Reviews; help author strategic narratives, and recommend new ways of managing the business that can help accelerate growth.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all aspects of Worldwide Public Sector reporting and analysis ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reporting
• Provide strategic analysis and year/year, quarterly and monthly trend analysis
• Market and industry analysis for global education markets
• Analysis of the efficacy and impact global education programs
• Manage the operational metrics and reporting associated with the administration and governance of Management-by-Objective (MBO) compensation plans
• Help author narratives and provide data insights and analysis for Quarterly Business Reviews
• Coordinate with corporate teams to influence roadmap for enhanced business intelligence and CRM tools to support the business
• Headcount and budget tracking and management for the WWPS Global Education Team
• BS/BA degree
• At least 7+ years of experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global Sales Organization
• At least 3+ years of experience using Business Intelligence and Customer Relationship Management tools; data manipulation, query and dashboard development and strong Excel experience
• At least 3+ years experience with the development and implementation of systems, processes and tools utilized for pipeline, revenue reporting and forecasting
• Experience supporting government, education and/or nonprofit institutions
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
• Experience working across internal and external organizations
• Familiarity with government acquisitions and contract vehicles
• Program/project management or process improvement experience
• Masters of Business Administration degree with concentration in Business or Finance
• Knowledge of AWS services and cloud computing
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top