Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is seeking an experienced, self-directed Business Analyst to lead the research and analytical needs of our fast growing Americas Professional Services team. This is a unique opportunity to invent new ways of leveraging our large, complex data streams to enable the practice to scale and accelerate our enterprise customers' journey to the cloud. This is a high-visibility and high business impact role for a candidate with experience translating business problems into requirements for analysis and providing insights based on your discoveries.
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data driven decision making? You will own data analytics projects from beginning to end, utilizing business intelligence tools to drive key recommendations and produce planning models, forecasting, and analysis. Your analysis will contribute deeply to the development of our strategy and drive impact against our Professional Services business objectives. You will work closely with business operations teams to achieve business objectives and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, analysis, validation, and documentation and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Some travel expected. Position will be based in Austin, Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC, or Seattle.
Key responsibilities include:
• Analytics; establish baseline metrics and analytics, collaborate with Business Operations and the leadership team to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals. Establish and maintain management dashboards, regional reports, and executive review documents that will drive business outcomes
• Monitor existing KPI metrics, developing new metrics, identity correlations and root causes
• Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action at scale
• Performing regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics
• Support quarterly, annual planning activities
• Develop programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data
• Act as a SME for BI tools as well as delivering training to team members on the usage of these tools
• Contribute to the writing of papers for internal audiences
• Invent new ways to define and measure program effectiveness and organizational productivity
• 5+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence and data analysis
• Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following methods - data analysis/visualization, financial modeling, statistical modeling
• Experience with MS Excel and data analytics tools such as Quicksight, Salesforce, Tableau
• Experience with SQL
• Proven ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and recommendations
• Ability to distill, cater, and communicate complex analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor's degree
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience working within a high-growth, Professional Services or Consulting company
• Master's degree
• Tableau or other broadly used analytics tool certifications
• Proven ability balance competing priorities, workloads, and tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Ability to triage data concerns with both business and technical stakeholders, establish root cause, and propose quality improvement mechanisms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.