Business Legal Affairs, Amazon Studio
- Tokyo, Japan
We are looking for a Business Legal Affairs to add to Amazon Studios' scripted television group. This role will also provide deal making services across all of the adult and kids scripted series deals.
The business Business Legal Affairs will own the negotiation of Writer, Producer, Cast, Production Company and other related deals and will work closely with Corporate Legal Section to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with Agents, Managers and outside Attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
A comprehensive working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) are good experience, along with excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
Must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain cool and levelheaded in pressurized situations. A successful candidate is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in this department and across the studio, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking and risk analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree in law.
• 7 years or more experience in corporate legal or law firm as an attorney, contract administrator, producer/product manager.
• Experience of contract formulation.
• Fluent in English and Japanese/ both written and speaking.
• Deep understanding of media business models
• Ability to understand and devise new business models
• Deep interest in technology and innovation
• Dealing functional/technical depth and complexity
• A thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices with 4-7+ years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top