Business Intelligence Manager - Prime Worldwide
- Seattle, WA
Are you ready to change Prime? Join our team of data professionals!
Are you somebody that likes to use big data to drive business decisions? Do you enjoy building data applications used worldwide by business leaders? Do you want to be part of the data team which measures the pulse of Prime and drives change? If your answer is yes, join our team. We are the analytical arm of Prime globally. We work with country leaders, product managers, marketing and finance to ensure Prime remains one of the most loved membership programs.
What is Prime? It's a membership program including over 150 million members in more than 18 countries. Prime offers some of the best shopping and entertainment experiences with Amazon. Prime members enjoy Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items. In addition, in the U.S., members enjoy unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV entertainment with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, Whole Foods Market discounts and more.
As part of the global Prime Analytics team, we build scalable data solutions to enable insight generation in addition to providing analytical support for flagship initiatives within Amazon. Example data solutions include 1) campaign analyzer, a tool which allows business leaders to A/B test product launches and marketing campaigns and 2) variance analyzer, a tool which enables country leaders to examine the movement of any business KPI along multiple dimensions and determine rate/mix effects. Recent analytical projects include impact measurement of 1 day shipping introduction, analysis of nation-wide brand campaigns and investigation of usage patterns to recommend products and campaigns to increase customer satisfaction.
As a BI Manager in this team, you will own shaping the direction of Prime Worldwide analytics and building and developing a team of BI Engineers. You will work closely with Prime business leader to build the analytical roadmap. You will be comfortable with making difficult tradeoff, helping define team vision and solutions and mentoring other BI Engineers. As a successful candidate, you will be able to interact with both technical stakeholders, setting tech requirements for engineering team, as well as business stakeholder to collaborate on business requirements and project outcomes.
• 8+ years of professional experience in BI or Technology field managing complex technical projects.
• 4+ years of experience as a Manager or in a similar role
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with AWS data warehouse and reporting technologies like Redshift, Athena, S3, etc
• MS in a technical or business field
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
• Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results on self-driven deadlines.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence and best practices.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top