Business Intelligence Engineering Manager
- Irvine, CA
Are you passionate about leveraging technology and data at scale to innovate, drive better decision making and streamline processes? Amazon seeks an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) Manager to join the innovative division of our new COVID-19 testing and Amazon's global clinical laboratories. We are looking to help protect the health and safety of our workforce and people in their communities. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available and getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments. For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new high-impact space at Amazon. If you are passionate about innovating, building, and scaling high impact business models, this is for you. The successful candidate will work closely with business teams to build a robust BI infrastructure, generate insights, scale data driven operations, systems and decision making, and ad-hoc leadership support in this evolving space.
The Business Intelligence Engineer Manager will be a role model for high standards, customer obsession, timely delivery of results and business insights partnering with cross-functional teams. You will be working on various business problems in complex data environments. You will dive deep into big datasets with an expectation to produce the best analytics and metrics solutions to support new business models. We are looking for a roll-up sleeves leader with solid analytical skills, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, a strong bias for action, superb customer focus, and a knack for developing talent, and the ability to communicate with and influence diverse business groups.
• Lead and develop a top performing team of analyst
• Design, implement, and support global systems that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
• Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting systems
• Develop and exercise robust governance, security and controls on reporting processes
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Learning and understanding a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use
• Drive reporting improvement and automation to create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner
• Extracting data using Oracle SQL, Amazon Redshift, and other technologies. Analyzing data using suitable tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitative and analytical discipline
• Advanced SQL and experience in optimizing SQL queries
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Business Analytics dealing with large complex data scenarios
• Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business drivers, goals, and actionable outcomes using analytics
• Technical skills such as coding / statistics (python, R, Django, Spark etc.), data visualization, research
• Master's Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, or related field
• Operating business experience
• Proven ability to deeply understand business processes and transform those through data
• Demonstrated strong operating discipline, bias for continuous improvement and innovation.
• Experience in data engineering and automation to build metrics decks, dashboards and BI solutions
• Strong bias for action, highly organized, and ability to complete projects autonomously and within tight deadlines
• Confidence in dealing with technical and non-technical senior level staff. Team player with the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations
• Experience working with cloud data repository services such as AWS redshift
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top