Business Intelligence Engineer - Worldwide Operations
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
This is an opportunity to be a part of an initiative that will leverage a centralized data historian to analyze big data and enable strategic decision making to help shape the future of the Worldwide Fulfillment Network. The World Wide Business Transformation group combines the skills of top tier Technical PMs, Operations Engineers, and Program Managers to conduct statistical analysis, design machine learning models, and provide recommendations for incremental, emerging, and disruptive improvements initiatives across Operations. Our goal is to apply innovative data solutions to process improvement efforts across Amazon in areas such as artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, computer vision, and other capacities to advance Amazon's performance.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will serve as a subject matter expert for cross-functional engagements that will define strategy for the next generation of improvement initiatives across Worldwide Operations. As an experienced data expert, you will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring junior members within the team. You will hold a highly visible role that requires interaction with leaders across Operations, Engineering, Amazon Robotics, Advanced Technology, and Amazon Fulfillment Technology.
Some of the Problem that we need you help solving:
• How do we standardize process management and reduce process/machine variation across Worldwide Operations?
• Where should we be investing strategic resources?
• How do we find predictive insights from masses of data to know where to focus operations improvements?
You will have an opportunity to:
• Coordinate directly with next generation project teams to establish measurement systems, machine learning models, design of experiments.
• Publish findings, updates, and data driven recommendations from your team to Senior Leadership across Worldwide Operations.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for your team and their interactions across the organization.
You should be able to:
• Apply Statistical, Data Science, Machine Learning or other innovative methods to specific business problems and data.
• Collaborate with colleagues from multidisciplinary science, engineering and business backgrounds.
• Collect, analyze and present actionable data insights to drive operational support and logistics decisions.
• Communicate proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions.
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Statistics, Math, Finance, Engineering, Business or a related field or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of Program Management Experience.
• Industry experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data science, machine learning or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, SQL.
• Experienced in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
• Experience using R, Python, or other equivalent statistics and machine learning tools.
• Basics in software development- Java, Java Script, and SOM.
• Proven results executing process improvements.
• Experience in writing executive level papers/reports/presentations.
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 30%).
• Master's Degree or higher in Statistics, Math, Finance, Business or a related field.
• 5+ years of Program Management Experience.
• Experience in statistical analysis tools (Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.).
• Experience in structured analytical methodology (Statistical Hypothesis Testing, DMAIC, Six Sigma, etc.).
• Experience in operational or manufacturing data sets and analytics.
• Proven Experience in Machine Learning with delivered results in an operations environment, hands-on experience working in data science and/or machine learning, data analytics/engineering using models and methods such as neural networks with cross-functional teams.
• Expertise in software development- Java, Java Script, and SOM.
• Black Belt Certification.
• Ability to manage and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to coach and mentor team members
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Columbia, SC: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $87,700 - 153,500/yr: however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top