Business Intelligence Engineer, World Wide Advertising
Self Service Performance Advertising is a rapidly growing global cost per click advertising business in an ecommerce world.
About Self Service Performance Advertising
Amazon is one of the world's most highly trafficked sites and the delivery of relevant advertising to shopping customers is a key company strategy and rapidly growing source of revenue. Our advertising platform provides self-service, low-latency ad serving for performance-based advertising program with large ad inventories, a unique problem space within the Amazon advertising ecosystem. The platform supports both automated and advertiser-specified targeting and is optimized for managing product data as a source of ad content. We are breaking fresh ground, pioneering a crucial platform for future Amazon growth, and our businesses are among the fastest growing at Amazon. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Learn more about Sponsored Products, one of our Self-service performance advertising, at http://sp.amazon.com.
Our team of high caliber software developers, statisticians and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right ad to the right customer at the right moment, managing trade offs between click through rate and revenue per click. In order to accomplish this we leverage the wealth of Amazon's information to build a wide range of models, set up experiments that ensure that we are thriving to reach global optimums and leverage Amazon's technological infrastructure to display the right ads in real time.
We are looking for an outstanding business intelligence engineer that can help us extract meaning from billions of data points and automate processes to communicate these insights in real time to the business teams. Furthermore, he/she should be able to analyze data from dozens of different services, make sense of the results, and be able to communicate them to top management. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional data sets, and can partner with business leaders to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Design, implement, and support platforms that provide business teams ad-hoc access to large data sets (eg data visualization tools Tableau, QuickSight for non-tech business users)
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve marketing campaign targeting and measurement in the future.
- Be connected and influential within the Amazon analyst community. Work with engineering and the data warehouse to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.
- Generate Impact: We want someone obsessed with impact. We don't want someone that is just willing to find interest insights and patterns from data. We want someone that understands how to turn those insights into value every day.
- 3+ years of professional experience in business analytics, business intelligence (BI) or comparable consumer analyst position handling large, complex data sets.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong SQL and Excel expertise to access and transform data into insights.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and direct experience using BI reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Experience with statistical modeling, dataming and analysis (eg SPSS, SAS, etc.).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top